So you get to university, meet new people and realise that they are bodies carrying a wealth of knowledge, interests, history, culture and identity. It is so overwhelming you probably are a bit lost as to what questions to ask;” Where do I even start?” Before I continue, how about a pro tip on where not to begin: It is not okay to ask me how I speak English so well or if I have a pet lion. It’s 2016 guys. Let us do better and take on a more positive approach towards actually getting to know more about what it means to be Kenyan, Egyptian, British, Canadian, Swedish, Chinese, Indonesian, Welsh, Namibian, Mexican, German, French, Nigerian.
These are all the nationalities represented in my International Friends TAG. It is not at all an exhaustive list, nothing too deep-more to get you started and have fun while you’re at it!
Really enjoyed doing this at our final group get together. Getting to know more about your mates should definitely be nothing short of exciting!
(Just realised that 5 and 6 are not questions but, hey! 😀 )
- What is the strangest food you’ve ever eaten?
- Who inspires you the most?
- What’s a typical Saturday at home for you like?
- What do you normally have for breakfast?
- Say something, anything in your native language.
- Sing a line from your national anthem.
- What is the craziest thing you have ever done?
- What would you do if you won the national lottery?
- Do you have any hidden talents?
- What did you want to be when you were younger (and now)?
- What would you name your first child?
- BONUS question, you have to watch the video to see 🙂 Hint: discuss something pop culture related, there is always lots to say!
Tag me when you get round to doing this. Enjoy!
Love and Love,