Happy third-AMAZING (my brother was born in March)-month of the year! I know y’all are used to this question by now (it appears to me, a condition of adulting), but where on earth does the time go? I cannot believe we’re two months past 2017. It was 2015 like yesterday!
time flies. make it good. make it fun. make it meaningful. make it worthwhile.
I love the idea of monthly blog reflection. Taking stock, in one way or the other, is a part of many of the blogs and vlogs that I frequent, and I am here for it:
Candids from the last month; from people to experiences to pictures to items. Favorites only, because good vibes are all the hype and should be celebrated.
So, my Feb Faves:
- Rising Strong-I stumbled upon Brene Brown about 3 years back and now, anything that has her name on it, intrigues me. She’s a vulnerability, courage and shame researcher, a wonderful storyteller and an outstanding teacher. I think it’s safe to say that we all fear falling and failing, despite the realisation that there’s no escaping either. BUT, you fall seven times, and get up eight times. Brene Brown, through her research and personal experiences, shares invaluable insight on rising gracefully. I haven’t finished the book and will do a review on it when I do, but one of my dearest affirmations so far is: “No matter what gets done and how much is left undone, I am enough.”
- Kati Kati-I loved Kati Kati! Not only because I watched it with my brother and cousins, who are some of my favourite people, but also because: STORY. This film told a pretty good one: life and death. While I do have unanswered questions, the conceptualisation and creative execution is undisputable. Let’s not forget that it won the FIPRESCI International Film Critics’ Award at the Toronto International Film Festival. I am here for supporting our own, not because they are Kenyan but because they are talented Kenyans! We may not know what happens in the afterlife, but Kati Kati poetically inspires and spurs the thought.
- Family Get Together-Nothing’s greater than family! Time together always warms me up: that there be so much love, warmth, across generations, in one place. I thank God for my family. I have also spent a lot more time with my cousins, and it’s been such a ball! More time together please guys. I was also reminded of one of my favourite Bible verses at our family gathering: Phillipians 4:8 “Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable-if anything is excellent or praiseworthy-think about such things.”
- The Everygirl-Heeey ladies! My friend Grace introduced this website to me a while ago, but it was only this month that I started spending time on it for inspo. It covers a range of areas that intersect with our lives: career & finance to culture to fashion and travel, to name a couple. It’s interesting, it’s multifaceted, it’s pretty cool and y’all should check it out!
- Barbz and Bubu-Have y’all seen the COOLEST ladies on Youtube? They started their channel recently, are dynamic (dynamic duo if you may) and an all round ball of fun! Youtube ain’t never been the same! It was an instant subscription for me, what about you? What you doing?
Have a fruitful March!
Love and Love,