You guys, five months into 2017? Before you know it we’ll be six months deep, preparing for Christmas and wishing each other a happy 2018! Back to April.
I love the idea of monthly blog reflection: Candids from the last month; from people to experiences to pictures to items. Favorites only, because good vibes are all the hype and should be celebrated.
This month was pretty chill. I did have plenty of failing forward moments though. It can only be up from here, no?
- Easter-what a wonderful reminder of the sacrifice that Jesus made for us; of His unconditional love. Easter is the foundation of Christian Faith, and personally, the epitome of reassurance, hope and purpose. May I remember more often than I worry, that God fights my battles for me. May I always remember that He is The Source.
- The Fate of the Furious-confession: I haven’t watched Fast 1-7. Now that that’s out of the way, I loved Fast 8! It directed me to a new found love for action movies. I remember breaking into fits of laughter and given how much I love laughing, it’s no wonder I enjoyed it so much. So much so, that I plan on watching it again big screen. Ps: it was that much more exciting because I had the best company: family time is the best time.
- My Hair-I have been wanting to experiment with my hair for the longest. When I say experiment, I mean cut and colour, but I love my hair too much to play with it. Thank God for braids, weaves and wigs. This month, I rocked something a little out of my comfort zone and received lots of enquiries about it (pictured). Though my hairdresser doesn’t remember accurately, it should be crotchet super dread braids in the colour 1/33. Honestly? It’s been a love-dislike relationship but today it’s definitely all love (probably because I’m taking it out this weekend).
- Fail Forward-mistakes are so real. I made my first big one at work towards the end of the month and after making amends, my boss sent this to me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAmP5JLemfs. We all need the reminder, sometimes.
- Clarity-I like to live simply. clarity creates simplicity. Peace of mind is everything. I always say, truth is invaluable-and that’s where it’s at. I am not tethered to my plans, only to my hope in God and His will for my life. Looking inwardly for guidance, rather than outwardly, is a superpower that I am keen on mastering. Spring and all it brings with it: change and new beginnings really were the order of the month. Bitter sweet, but my eyes are set towards the sun. “Bloom where you’re planted”.
Before I go, a friend sent this to me yesterday and it made my heart smile. I have since only listened to this one song 😀 Enjoy!
MAY be good to us, won’t you?
Love and Love,