May, may have been my fave month yet!
I love the idea of monthly blog reflection: Candids from the last month; from people to experiences to pictures to items. Favorites only, because good vibes are all the hype and should be celebrated.
- Saying yes to new adventures: from new hurr (yes hurr, as in hair), to events, to moments. I embraced new experiences. I said yes where I would ordinarily say no. I have decided to say more yeses than no’s: to anything with the potential for an exhilarating or just, different experience. Even when things go sour, the regrets are certainly fewer and the memory bank richer, than if I did nothing. About the hair: it’s blonde and wild whereas I am shy, a little conserved and with just a lil’ crazy. It took a while to warm up to it but now, every time I wear it, I feel as though I am giving my alter ego a public free pass. I am here for it. I also attended BAKE awards (first time) and Mary Mary in Kenya. Both of which were very last minute, and while none was thrilling, I am glad I went. Plus, I got this close to Mary Mary: hello!
- Mum’s 50th: the older I get, the more aware I am of just how much mum has sacrificed for us. (Disclaimer: I haven’t been the easiest to raise). Mum, I may not show you enough but you are the absolute best. I thank God for FIFTY years of your life! That is no small fete. You’ve done it with such grace, and you don’t look a day over 25. We planned a surprise birthday party for her, and it was fantastic. A tad stressful on my part, but the highlight was seeing mum dancing, and everyone else having a good time. I also learnt a lot about my organisation skills (including room for improvement).
- Old connections: if you know me, you know I am an ambassador of good vibes. I connected with some of my old friends and it’s been amazing. There have also been those new connections that feel old; like where have you been, I’ve been waiting for you-old. Whether for a moment in time, or long lasting, I appreciate genuine. More of these, please.
- Koroga Festival: those who are loyal have seen my first time at Koroga vlog. Don’t worry if you haven’t, you can watch it here. I can honestly say I had a much better time this time round, despite the rain. Such electric performances from Le Band, Diamond and DJ Maphorisa!
- Baby steps: This right hurr (yes, hurr as in here)!!! The emotions are real. I took steps; actual, tangible steps, towards stuff that has weighed heavy. I stopped running, ignoring, and I am now facing. Despite being right in the thick of it, I am content, mostly because I am leaning on God more.
Love and Love,