September was somewhat difficult. A lot of changes, but lots of beautiful moments. My determination has strengthened and I am growing, like all great things do.
I love the idea of monthly blog reflection: Candids from the last month; from people to experiences to pictures to items. Favorites only, because good vibes are all the hype and should be celebrated.
- Dad’s Birthday: Of course it’s a favourite when one of my favourites celebrates his birthday! My dad has been reliable through and through, is the most hardworking person I know and a blessing. I thank God for over 50 years, and pray for 50 more filled with abundance!
- Big Magic: This book!!! I will be doing a review soon but for now, Big Magic has been a perfect piece to the puzzle of what I have needed this past month (this past year, if we’re talking details). Elizabeth Gilbert’s approach to creative living is fun, meaningful, magical yet realistic. It’s written in conversational style and is truthfully, the fastest I have ever gotten through a book. “Create whatever causes a revolution in your heart. The rest will take care of itself.” I also really enjoyed two training sessions with writer, Biko Zulu and digital guru, Mark Kaigwa.
- Honesty in Relationships: You know, I’ve loved that I have been honest in my interactions. More than usual at least. I have expressed myself without inhibition, even when it wasn’t the popular choice. I have stood by losing, when it meant being true to myself. Some friendships have suffered the strain of honesty. And that’s okay. Some friendships have grown stronger, and I am thankful. Over time, I have learnt the value of not silencing my truth. Leaving unnecessary baggage behind. Traveling light. Therefore, no matter the outcome, the clarity that comes with being true to myself is unmatched. Do you. The right ones naturally co-exist with your truth.
- Coke Studio, Tetu Shani & a couple others: The Coke Studio listening party was such fun! I met new people, danced the night away, got home with one shoe (it’s more hilarious than scandalous, I promise) and ended the night at chicken inn. A night that ends with fried chicken has got to have been a good night, right? Similarly, a month that ends with a Tetu Shani living room concert has got to have been a good month, no? My friend Tessy hosted him at her home, invited us for the musical ride and it was amazing; Tetu is such an engaging artist. Lastly, while I have had a couple other great nights this month, I’ve been missing my bed too. Lol.
- Social Media Cleanse: One of my best pursuits of September was a two week break off social media. Yes it’s ‘just Instagram’, but honestly? Anything can become a distraction if you give it enough power. I would be on social media instead of being present, instead of socialising, instead of jumping out of bed, instead of processing my feelings…The break allowed me to get back into habits that build me up such as reading, writing and watching constructive dream building stuff. My quiet time prompted me to make persistent effort towards my goals. Guaranteed, it’s way too easy to jump back into poor social media habits. All in all, it wasn’t the plan, but I fell in love…coming soon, to a blog near you. PS: Bloomkalture is the blog. It’s near you. Literally only a click away 😉
Thanks for reading. Cheers to a LIT October! #BirthdayMonth
Love and Love,