Lit, Lit, Lit!!! I’ve been 24 about 2 weeks now but ya girl is already feeling brand new. My birthday month could have been no better. I am so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers. 🙂
I love the idea of monthly blog reflection: Candids from the last month; from people to experiences to pictures to items. Favorites only, because good vibes are all the hype and should be celebrated.
- Diani: Up until October, I had not been to Mombasa in 6 years. SIX YEARS. I had planned to go last year, but it was more wishful thinking than an actual plan. I remember sitting in the van from the air strip to Sukuma House, where my dear friend Shiro and I were staying, feeling all types of fuzzy for following through with my plan. For going on a trip fully funded by myself. #ImAGrownWoman lol! Real talk though, #ImABlessedWoman. I loved Diani. Walking around in a costume, cover up and flip flops, laying on the beach, cocktails for breakfast, my first ever boda boda and tuk tuk rides, party by the beach and with the best company. I visited the most beautiful restaurant I have ever been to. Ever. Hit me up if you want to know which one I am talking about 😉 I loved being by the ocean; the views and calmness that brought with it. I loved that I got a little break from the stresses of normalcy. I loved my time in Diani.
- Twenty Four: As I have shared aplenty, 23 was hard. I was here for the hype that came with 24. I made an intentional point to enjoy my birthday month. I feel great about this year. Most of all, I am beyond taken with gratitude. Not because I am deserving Lord, but because Your grace is sufficient. In case you haven’t already, check out my birthday post.
- Royal Tulip Canaan: If there was ever a moment I spoke life into my ideas, it must have been this one. Long story short: Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert. Energy is everything. I spent an afternoon being pampered at the spa, taking pictures for my blog and being fed really well. I am into beautiful spaces, as I am sure you all are. Therefore, if you’re in Nairobi, it’s definitely worth checking out. I had a blast! Most importantly, I learnt that I am not defined by circumstance. I am chosen by God, the universe and all the ideas I bring to life. Rightfully. Honorably. Lovingly.
- Unbecoming: Shedding, shedding, shedding. I’ve been shedding: bad habits, negative vibes and interactions, being too comfortable. I know it’s not an overnight switch, and I don’t expect it to be. I have had experiences this past month that have shown me how vital it is to sleep with one eye open; to make decisions that support me having my back. To be unapologetic. To let my light shine bright, no matter what. I have handled my challenges with more grace than in previous months; looked more to God for strength, forgiven myself more and tried to not only learn, but to do better. I learnt to show up for myself in a way that no one else can.
- Self Dates, Pants and To Do Lists: I took myself on more than one date in October. One was on my birthday at the beaut Revitalize Spa (thanks for the treat mama!) and the second, one mid morning where I had the best cuppa hot chocolate and read away. If you know me or ever wanted to get me a gift, a good book or fit pair of pants will do. I got such pretty blush trousers this past weekend; I have to stop myself from wearing them everywhere (including my dreams). I have also had some really productive days this past month. Days when I was so disciplined I was reminded that I can achieve whatever I set my mind to. I am praying this momentum is lasting; so help me God!
“No matter how hard it is, or how hard it gets, I am going to make it.” Jack Canfield
Two months to the end of the year; to making 2017 great again. Happy November!
Love and Love,