I love the idea of monthly blog reflection: Candids from the last month; from people to experiences to pictures to items. Favourites only, because good vibes are all the hype and should be celebrated.
1. NCIS, CSI, Come Dine With Me: My nights out have markedly decreased and been for the most part, replaced by TV. While I’ve never been a ‘couch potato’, I am enjoying both the switch in tempo and my new crime solving skills 😉
2. Braids: Truth be told, I wanted to take these off on day one but they have since grown on me. So much so that I’m already dreaming of the next time my hair’s growth will necessitate braiding (totally a testament to how much harder I need to work on being present).
3. Gym: Ya girl has been tryiiing! I made a resolve to live a healthier lifestyle (not necessarily lose weight) and it’s made a positive difference to my work outs. The plug has been a resilient spirit and the most encouraging gym buddy.
4. OTW-After the number of times I have played this song over the last few days, it would be injustice to leave it out. Can someone please teach me how to love a song and not make it the only one I listen to? While I wait, “put it in drive, I’ll be outside, I’ll be on the way…”
5. Self compassion: In April it became apparent that I could be doing a lot better in this department. While the situation that brought me to this realization was the least bit enjoyable, someone reminded me that life is what you make it. I am therefore celebrating the opportunity to be a more rooted version of myself.
May, be good to me by force by fire Amen!
Love and Love,