“Nothing can dim the light that shines from within.”
I love words – always have, always will. And for something that I use everyday, it really is in my best interest to use it to empower me. Positive affirmations are a great starting point to manifesting the love, success, happiness, peace and clarity that we want to attract into our lives. They are to the mind, what exercise is to the body. Positive affirmations are not wishful thinking and they are so much more than feel good quotes and lovely statements – it’s about consciously activating your brain to set you up for success because when your inner dialogue is pleasant, you trust life and yourself more.
Your brain is a creature of habit; it strengthens its connections every time you think, feel and do. For instance, think about how tense you were the first time you learnt how to drive. Now, look at you cruising these streets fast and furious style because driving comes naturally to you. Repetition is where the magic happens – when you repeat positive affirmations, they essentially shape your reality.
Find affirmations that resonate with you, make them part of your daily routine and most importantly, act on them. Affirmations are powerless if you don’t translate your thoughts and words into actions that manifest your intentions.
Here are some affirmations that will inspire the best in your life and career:
- I wholeheartedly love, accept and honour myself as I am.
- I am doing the best I can and that’s enough.
- I can rise up from anything.
- I choose to let go: of past hurts, doubt and the fear of failure.
- I am grateful for all that I have; all that I have is all that I need.
- All things are working out for my good (Romans 8:28) – I trust that I am on the right path.
- I give myself permission to take chances, to make mistakes and to grow from them.
- I forgive myself and set myself free.
- My worth is inherent. I radiate beauty and love from within.
- I have the best people in my life.
- I believe in myself and in my ability to excel at what I do – there are no limits to what I can achieve.
- Career change is an opportunity to build a great career for me – I am committed to building a career that brings me fulfilment.
- I am wildly capable of doing the hard things and facing all obstacles that come my way – everything is figureoutable.
- I am letting go of limiting beliefs that have stood in the way of my success.
- I will learn what I need to as I go – the important thing is to get going.
- I am a magnet for opportunities that create financial abundance.
- My goals are within my grasp – I am fully equipped to accomplish my goals.
- My contributions are unique, valuable and meaningful.
- I have a brilliant mind.
- I am creative and relentless in everything I do – I can achieve greatness.
Remember that life is what you make it. Remain open and when you spot an opportunity, be brave enough to take action. Ultimately, without action, positive affirmation alone will not make an impactful difference (trust me, I’ve learned the hard way).
PS: Here’s a printable that you can save on your laptop for reference or if you’re old school, print out